Everyone knows that vitamins and minerals are very important for health. In addition, they provide an optimal functioning immune system.
* Vitamin: these are essential substances, which every living being needs to survive. Certain groups of vitamins may not/hardly by the body itself are created (dietary supplements play an important role). Especially the A-vitamins (for good resistance and promoted cell growth) and D3 (for proper digestion, heart rhythm, nervous system and strong bones) and C-vitamins (for good resistance and promote calcium metabolism) are important for baardagmen. The bearded Dragon can only create Vitamin D3 when he has good Uv-B lights. When the Uv-rays penetrate through the skin (B), there may be extra vit. D3 can be created.
Vitamins are divided into;
- Water soluble vitamins: the B and C vitamins (resolve this faster than the fat soluble vitamins).
- Fat soluble vitamins: A-D-E and K vitamins.
* Minerals: Vitamins cannot function without minerals. The body can not create minerals but only absorb them. Minerals helps whit the transport of oxygen in the body.
Also minerals are divided in to two groups:
- Macro minerals: the body has a daily size amount of macro minerals.
- Micro minerals: are also known as trace elements. The body needs a little less of this miniral.